You have entered the realm of a writer.

Welcome to A Writer's Landscape!

You have entered the realm of my mind where words play with the fabric of our existence. This is the map of my imagination: the very foundations of inspiration, musing, and thought splayed for your wandering eyes. Dive deep into the tides of these forces and experience my reality, my fantasy, my world; and if you should be so inclined, share your words with this land.

Peace and Love!

J Hart F

Monday, March 7, 2011

Façade

The Fun-Show's doors open
with a creaking subtlety
flooding warm lantern light into
the musky, dirty night air.
Inside the fire burns oils in waves
of jasmine and lavender, serenely
coercing relaxed mines to sit and stare
at colorful drapes,
smiling performers,
and tricking animals trained to be human.
Their joy is infectious, their eyes enigmatic --
The crowd is stirred with pleasure
and applause!

Behind the drapes, before the sterile
evening sky,
the gaze of each clown and dog
burns with pitiful regret,
cherished sorrow,
          broken dreams.

Who sees beyond the
celebration, under masked make-up,
and runs to aide me?

No comments:

Post a Comment