You have entered the realm of a writer.

Welcome to A Writer's Landscape!

You have entered the realm of my mind where words play with the fabric of our existence. This is the map of my imagination: the very foundations of inspiration, musing, and thought splayed for your wandering eyes. Dive deep into the tides of these forces and experience my reality, my fantasy, my world; and if you should be so inclined, share your words with this land.

Peace and Love!

J Hart F

Thursday, January 21, 2010

The Scandalous Scone

It sits there, silent,
unharming,
craving for us to consume;
So innocent and delicious
awaiting our indulgence.

What we don't know, yet,
scandalously,
are the calories it holds;
fattening, unhealthy, friendless,
filled with chatting words.

Dipping into the well, dark,
treacherous,
the morsels salivate our teeth,
driving our craving beyond full
till the scone is gone.

And for the one, creator,
baker,
the scone is no longer hers.
It's at the whim of the eaters,
if wondrous, revealed to more.

(Inspired by a conversation between my friend and former boss, Katie, and me)

No comments:

Post a Comment